Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ice Fishing - For a Good Night's Sleep




Nothing like fresh winter air to tucker out children.


 What amazing March weather we had this weekend - probably one of the last weekends that trucks can still go on the ice, if this melt continues.


I was a little concerned about driving the suburban on the ice with it being so warm {warm for Here}. But we are still here - so I guess it was OK!


I'm a tad jealous of the Icelandic ritual of napping babies in the winter air - I should really try that with mine...it would appease my anxiety of other 'littles' waking them with their afternoon chatter.


{Donna, baby Oliver in tow, in a wrap, inside her coat as she untangles a fishing rod.}


Our friends built a fire...of course this melts the snow all around it and under it, forming a puddle under the campfire which of course starts to snuff it out...so they built the fire on a layer of wood, on top of the snow that was on top of the ice. We smelled smoky - but it was nice to cook supper over the fire.


What's a good ice fishing trip without Tim Horton's Coffee, we are Canadians after all.



I have yet to actually catch a fish myself...maybe one day...but I'm growing accustomed to enjoying local fish as part of our regular diet...not sure if I'm ready to clean one though!

Cheers to Some Joys of Winter...
Patty-Jean

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty cool. I've never ice fished...only regular, summer fishing. (lol, regular fishing...whatever that is.) I'd be a little nervous driving on the ice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can barely tell I have an almost 4 month old baby in my jacket. The Timmy's shot turned out well. Love the one with the kids too. Great day. We could do more days like this.

    ReplyDelete