Saturday, April 04, 2015

Simple Seder Supper

 Friday afternoon the children designed their own Seder Plates...
Passover is special to us and when some may be planning easter hunts, we planned our Seder Supper.


It's fascinating to me that Atheism is on the decrease not the rise. The more I know God, my Maker, the more I realize I know little about anything! Historically folks have paraded their faith, fought for faith and died for it as well.


Ultimately the Life question is Did We Learn to Love? Did we live, releasing Love into our spheres of influence or did we withdraw Love?


Any faith that releases devastation and chaos rather than Love, I question. 


Philosophical conversations are always fun and thoughtful. I remember sitting up late with peer professional university dance students drinking wine many years ago - and faith, life and death and eternity was the topic of discussion. I was fascinated as each took turns sharing their convictions and fantastical ideas...each different...


 I listened...and try to listen more than talk..."speaking" from experience, my mouth gets me into trouble, but listening always out wins talking...


 When they were all talked out...I said...Wow, so many different ideas about what might happen to our souls or spirits after death - So, I have a question - If you can decide the destiny of your soul, How come you can't control events today? As simple as, can you change the color of your hair (without dye)?...Everyone was completely Silent...Yikes...Did I say something wrong? I thought.


...Gasp, I heard..."Oh Patty-Jean, don't say that! You just messed my whole belief system!" - one said.
And let it be also with me! If I think I got it, I probably don't {smile}...and so we press on..."further up and further in", C.S. Lewis


The whole order of a Seder Supper, could seem long and difficult for a five children from ten to nineteen months...but there seemed to be just enough change and hands on tasks the speaker {husband, papa} gave as he read...


We really don't want to get too religious - otherwise the power is lost anyways..."holding to a form of godliness but denying it's power"...this year we followed this Haggadah from Ann Voskamp's site. I hope in future years we can be creative and develop our own version of this...

Blessings on Your Household in This Season!
Patty-Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment