Thursday, June 18, 2015

Fairy Fast Wings: DIY Fairy Wings

DIY Fairy Wings...


Fairy wings are almost a dime a dozen in this country. Every corner dollar store has a pair. But Handmade, Hands Down is Always Best!  Are you ready for DIY Fairy Wings? Anything that stimulates our children's imagination, we are all for! Imagination is a gift from God - It's the start of Great Intelligence and Compassion!


Selah was three, and had begged and begged me to make her some wings. This was before they were a dime a dozen, and in every toy store. Exasperated one day, finally getting the baby down for a nap, Selah cried to me, "Please Mama, Please make me some wings!"


Sigh...it was just her and I alone, and not a tired, cranky younger sibling. "Lets go down in the basement to the hoard of craft supplies and see what we can find!" Spotting several sheets of tissue paper we started there. Laid them out, gathered them in the middle and tied some yarn around to keep the gather. We then wove in a huge loop of elastic banding, and sized it to Selah's shoulders.


Tied the elastic banding to fit. Voila, Fairy Fast Wings!
Here is the real Jewel part of the story.... I placed the fresh wings on her, and her facial expression went from Great satisfaction to discouraged shock! "Mommy! They Don't Work! Why don't they work?" I hid my own surprised amusement and disbelief...she had thought that she would be able to fly if only I made her some fairy wings. I love your Faith my sweet Selah!

Hey! Did you enjoy this? Like our Facebook page and continue the conversation. Thank-You for stopping by!

Eeek! Look at these bonus Gifts this July 2015!

2 comments:

  1. This does look fantastically fast. Sometimes you just need wings RIGHT NOW. I have shared this on my Magical Things Fairy Day Roundup post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melissa! Thank-You so Much!!!! I'm checking out your link right now!

      Delete