Monday, July 14, 2008

We went strawberry picking this weekend at the only advertised certified organic U-pick strawberries in our province. Marg's Strawberries was a little weedy, but we would prefer to contend with weeds and prickles than malathion, pesticides, herbicides, and genetically modified strawberries. Apparently strawberries are one of the most chemically treated fruit/veggie.
Selah's wearing her this-years-annual passover dress. I'd like to say that I make more of her clothes, but if I can at least give myself an annual deadline for at least one dress a year...I figure that that is realistic goal. It would be nice to work towards a goal for myself as well. I've got this basket of clothes and remnants waiting to be renovated.
My loving husband busily did some house projects while I was away last week, and one of them was my art area in the basement. He made me a table using a large door for the surface - i was ecstatic at the amount of surface!!!!!!!!!!!! and the hole where the doorknob would be is perfect for the sewing machine cords! When the space is a little more organized, perhaps I'll take some pictures.






5 comments:

  1. thanks - it's hard for me not to be inspired by a little girl who loves dressing up in dresses, and enjoys running about in a field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also a follow up on the strawberry picking. The next week (this past one), we found another place, that was not certified organic, but it was chemical-free (neighboring farmers spray, thus they can not be certified organic). The price was almost half of what we paid at the COplace, and there were no weeds and prickles - thus being a somewhat better experience, exept for some grumpy pickers - who wanted to make sure they were first! sigh - a good reminder to smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see the new craft space....so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giveaway for a super hero cape. Come on by.

    ReplyDelete