Thursday, May 21, 2009

:: It's a girl ::

For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb.
I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret, intricately and curiously wrought (as if embroidered with various colors) in the depths of the earth (a region of darkness and mystery).
Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days (of my life) were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, (could I count to the end) I would still be with You. Psalm 139


We welcomed the arrival of Elousia Renee last night, born in water at home, 7.6! For those interested in lovely - gory birth stories - I do plan on taking some time to write in out here, hopefully in the next few days. My friend Twila took some wonderful photos of the labour process - so I hope to show off some of her work aswell! Thank-you to all for your thoughts and prayers!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your baby. Wishing you and your family all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! and many, many congratulations as well as quiet moments of peace and rest as you all get acquainted with Elousia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah- congratulations. I'm looking forward to the whole brith story!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!
    Looking forward to your birth story, as I'm due to start my own journey in the next few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete