Friday, March 27, 2015

Tim and The Glory Boys Canada Tour...

 ...This week we took our family of seven to


here in The Pas, Manitoba...
When they come to your town, if you are on the fence about going...Go!
I highly recommend it!  If you did go, tell us what you liked, in the comments below...



The place was packed - pretty good for here in The Pas, where most, if not all the churches are sparsely attended each Sunday morning. That evening, folks cozily sat or stood, amongst quaint, earthy, campfire like lighting.  I won't give away all their fun show secrets - you just gotta go and see for yourselves. 


 ...bluegrass is always refreshing to me, and it was not difficult for children in the back to kick up their heels!  To see them jumping and kicking brought me back to some of the former days when Tim Neufeld was a peer groupie for Paul Vieira...in the pre-internet days...it was a youth revival in Winnipeg in the early 90's...Come to the Cross, it was called...I'll admit, some of my spiritual dna was formed there - if that makes sense.


Actually, more accurately, it was probably, the beginning of a domino effect in my life...that sent me in the path I've walked and even now am walking...yikes, twenty years later. Back then I found myself...a couple years later, in Mumbai, India, with the former, King's Commission bible institute. It was a mission trip we renamed an exposure trip! Some would like to forget the taxi drive through Kamathipura, in the heart of Mumbai. In that sweaty, dirty taxi, the air was thick and heavy, and it got heavier and it was only three o'clock in the afternoon. And the streets were framed in rows of women of all ages...young ones. I felt sick...



Later I would write one of my university papers on that experience, seeing human trafficking a few feet away from me...left an imprint that will always be there, a tattoo, a piercing in my heart...The Artist Collective is such a beautiful remedy...Y'all absolutely have to check it out!



'to bind up the brokenhearted...and release from darkness for the prisoners'...this is happening.
Music is fun...and meaningful...and here even more meaningful! Pop over to their tour dates here to see when Tim and the Glory Boys are near you!



Don't leave this great show without some of this fun!!! Bearded hats, paper dolls of the band and of course music. The 3 CD pack with the sweet vintage tape recording usb stick is really the best!



So kick up your heels, sing at the top of your lungs - I saw the Light - and share you thoughts below!
Patty-Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment