Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A WIP, A Barter, and A Necklace for Baby


I Love Bartering!  This right here is a barter!  And my WIP! A friend wants a sling made for her friend and gave me some of this cotton/canvas floral print...it wasn't quite long enough so, I'm going to go on a limb and expand my sling making skills (which are not incredible in the first place - I need a sling, I make a sling.), by adding a beautiful green silk panel in the middle of the pouch!  I'm hoping it will be lovely!

She, Ingrid with 4 Littles under the age of 6 or 7?! Will take my children for some sitting in exchange for my time with the machine. I think it's a pretty good deal.  As one may notice, I don't get out much....Personally getting-out-much is over rated anyways...and I know that home life would slide if I was running out everyday.

One exciting process in our lives has been my 4 year old daughter learning how to crochet...It was within days of Elousia's birth, where we were sitting around a lot, nursing, reading books, nursing, knitting, nursing...you get the picture.  And Selah picked up a crochet hook, and finally figured it out.  She made her Mama SOOO PROUD!  I could say my daughter at 4 does not have too much interest in her "A B C's" but she can crochet ;) She's presently working on a necklace for her baby sister - not sure if that is safe or not - but it certainly would be cute...we plan to add beads to the next ball of yarn before she starts crocheting, so we can add wood beads throughout her work.

Have a lovely one!

5 comments:

  1. can't wait to see both (the sling and the necklace) hooray, Selah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Selah and don't worry the ABC's will be waiting for you when you are up to the task!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be wonderful to barter so much more in life! Your daughter's names are so beautiful and I love that Selah is making a necklace! What a beautiful learning process, great hand eye coordination when she is interested in things of the abc nature later ; ) life learning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY... i found you! I am the proud new owner of that beautiful, beautiful sling (and hat)you made there for our dear friend Ingrid. Thank you so much, i love it and so does Baby Micah. Your work is fantastic, and people ask me daily who made both your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! Great to meet you! Thanks so much! I love the name Micah, I have also considered that name for a boy! and I really enjoyed making your sling - Ingrid thought that you would like the main sling a wear most of the time...and so I thought - well if I make it how "I" would like it, perhaps it will work well! If you end up taking any pictures of yourself and Baby Micah in it - I'd love to post them here! ticvaah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete